OCTOBER 2022 UNCORKED NEWSLETTER

INAUGURAL MEETING: CHARDONNAY DAY

Our first wine club meeting in August, 2022 was a success! The theme was Chardonnay and we tried various Chardonnays from around the world. We learned a little bit about the chardonnay grape and how terroir and the vinification process affect the wine we drink. More importantly, we met some new wine friends and had some fun with the tastings in a casual atmosphere. Thank you everyone for participating by finding a chardonnay and bringing some munchies to go with the wines we tasted last time. I hope you enjoyed the whole process!

NEXT MEETING:  OCTOBER 29, 2022

Let me know if you can make the next meeting asap so I can organize a bit.  If you want to bring a new guest to the club, that’s great too…let me know who/how many so that I can ensure I have enough glasses/chairs at the table. 

THEME:  PINOT NOIR. I will include some notes about the grape in this newsletter below if you’re interested; but you don’t have to read it or use it to inform what you bring.

BRING: a bottle of Pinot Noir and a munchie. Last meeting we discussed bringing chips & Hallowe’en candy; however you can bring whatever snacks you want!πŸ‘»

FORMAT:  if possible, we will always try to taste the wines blind; in pairs.  I will provide a tasting template handout for people who wish to take personal notes so they can remember what they tasted.  I have included a sample template in this newsletter and also some terminology that we used last time which you might find useful in helping you describe the characteristics of the wines you enjoyed.  Continue to do whatever works for you… emojisπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ’©πŸ˜΅‍πŸ’«πŸ˜‹πŸ€’, stars, rankings or just drink and be merry🍷

TIME:  7:00PM

PLACE:  Linda’s house

RSVP by OCT 23, 2022 

PINOT NOIR

Here are some interesting notes about Pinot Noir.  I have taken them from an ebook that I purchased, Wine Folly 





TASTING TIPS: HOW DO I DESCRIBE THIS WINE? πŸ‡

I WILL PROVIDE PRINTOUTS OF THIS TEMPLATE FOR YOUR NEXT TASTING

Just for fun, here are some cute visuals that may assist you in future tastings






Comments